By losing our biggest family golf championship, I stumbled upon an insanely powerful, free platform that lets you build your own marketing performance tools.
The platform I'm referring to is the combination of Google Sheets and Google Apps Script. With it, I’ve managed to:
- Connect sheets to data sources like Google Analytics through APIs.
- Strategically build large data sets from multiple sources.
- Marry marketing activities to performance metrics.
- Build small algorithms to sort through and pull insights out of thousands of data points.
- Allow multiple Google Sheets to communicate with one another.
- And much more.
If you’ve got some coding background or are interested in learning to code, I’ve tried to incorporate everything you need to get started building your own marketing tools, including:
- An introduction to Google’s Apps Script platform.
- Descriptions of its capabilities as they relate to marketing.
- A step-by-step guide on how to get started.