The following is a guest post from Shane Barker. Shane is a digital marketing consultant that specializes in influencer marketing, product launches, sales funnels, targeted traffic and website conversions. He has consulted with Fortune 500 companies, influencers with digital products, and a number of A-List celebrities. You can connect with Shane (@Shane_Barker) on Twitter.
From digital marketers to top brands, everyone is making the most of influencer marketing. You see dozens of articles talking about its effectiveness and tips on how to implement it. But, why is there such hype about influencer marketing?
Several studies have revealed that there’s a good reason why so many marketers and brands are flocking to influencers. Read on to find out more about how influencer marketing impacts all aspects of your performance.
The Impacts of Influencer Marketing
So what exactly do the studies say? One of the most notable studies on influencer marketing is the one conducted by Augure. The study found that 69% of those who have implemented influencer marketing techniques consider it to be an effective channel for marketing. It also found several interesting facts, which are outlined below:
- Every marketer looks for effective methods to raise the visibility of their brand. Influencer marketing seems to fulfill this need, as 93% of those who have used it say it’s effective for raising brand awareness.
- What good is a marketing channel if it can’t help you attract potential customers? Influencer marketing works to generate more leads for businesses, as witnessed by 75% of marketers who took part in the study.
- Businesses looking to establish strong, long-term relationships with their customers can rely on influencer marketing. Since you’re sending out your brand message through trusted sources, influencer marketing is considered to be effective for generating customer loyalty by 76% of marketers.
Are There Any Challenges?
Like any other marketing channel, influencer marketing comes with plenty of benefits and a few flaws. Marketers may face a number of challenges that can prevent them from launching a successful influencer marketing campaign. Here are some of the biggest challenges as discovered by the same Augure study:
- It’s extremely challenging to identify the right influencers for your brand. In fact, 75% of marketers will agree that it’s the biggest challenge.
- It’s also challenging to find the right tactics to engage influencers, according to 69% of marketers.
- In addition to this, 53% say that measuring campaign performance is also one of the biggest challenges.
As you’ve read about the main benefits of influencer marketing, you can understand how it might play a big role in the future of marketing. If you’re looking for ways to overcome the challenges, check out the influencer marketing infographic below.