FAQsPrint this page Get Started
- What is the eight-step PR 20/20 System?
- Are custom editions available?
- Are there additional costs?
- Are we locked into a 12-month contract?
- What results should we expect?
- How do we know which edition is right for us?
- How do we get started?
- What if we already have an agency for search, content, PR, etc.?
- INBOUND MARKETING GAMEPLAN
- What is the Inbound Marketing GamePlan?
- CAMPAIGN SERVICES
- How are service hours and word blocks allocated?
- How are service hours and word blocks tracked and reported?
- Can we exchange blog posts for premium content?
- What if we don’t need the content and blogging services?
- What happens if we exceed our monthly hours, blog posts or word blocks?
- Is a HubSpot license required?
- CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT
- How is our account team built?
- What activities are included in campaign management?
- What is the online Client Center?
What is the eight-step PR 20/20 System?
All editions follow a proven marketing and management system. If your Foundation (steps 1-2) is already in place, then we start at step 3:
The Foundation (Pre-Campaign Contract)
- Step 1: Clearly define and differentiate your brand.
- Step 2: Design and deploy a content-driven website.
Inbound Marketing GamePlan
- Step 3: Go beyond prospects, and consider the impact of your inbound marketing efforts on all audiences.
- Step 4: Establish measurable and meaningful campaign objectives designed to achieve the primary goals of leads and loyalty.
- Step 5: Build an integrated campaign fueled by the four core inbound marketing strategies: Search Marketing, Social Media, Content Marketing and Public Relations. The success of each strategy creates momentum that drives your organization forward.
- Step 6: Establish dynamic budgets that can be easily shifted based on campaign performance and analytics.
- Step 7: Define campaign timelines with milestones, tasks and responsibilities.
Campaign Services & Management
- Step 8: Launch your campaign, measure everything, and be willing to adapt and evolve.
Are custom editions available?
Yes. While the minimum monthly spend is $3,000 to access all features and benefits, service packages can be completely customized based on your needs, goals and budgets. Request a custom edition.
Are there additional costs?
While some small-to-midsize businesses may invest their entire marketing budgets in the service packages, many organizations use the inbound marketing service packages to complement other traditional marketing activities, such as sponsorships, trade shows and advertising.
You also should budget for expenses such as software licenses, pay-per-click spend and press release wire distribution fees, as well as contingencies for major projects and initiatives outside of the service package scope (e.g. new product launch, add-on premium content, website redesigns and special events).
Are we locked into a 12-month contract?
No. The campaigns are built as 12-month programs, but you pay month-to-month. If you cancel, you will be billed for the current month, but nothing after that.
What results should we expect?
While building the Inbound Marketing GamePlan in month one, we will establish benchmarks and set measurable objectives. The results vary significantly by client, but the service packages are built to produce and improve search engine rankings, website traffic, leads, awareness and retention (i.e. loyalty). See the Compare Editions page for common business variables that affect success.
How do we know which edition is right for us?
Start with your available budget based on current revenue and/or funding. From there we’ll work with you to determine the right base package and any relevant add-on services.
How do we get started?
Simply request a campaign service proposal, and our team will coordinate with you to find the ideal solution for your unique needs, goals and budgets.
What if we already have an agency for search, content, PR, etc.?
The service packages integrate strategies across six traditionally separate disciplines, thus it’s common for organizations to have relationships with other providers in one or more areas. We are often able to integrate our services with existing providers and strategies, but we approach this on a case-by-case basis.
INBOUND MARKETING GAMEPLAN
What is the Inbound Marketing GamePlan?
The Inbound Marketing GamePlan was first introduced by PR 20/20 in January 2010 as a free eBook download. It has since evolved into the starting block for every inbound marketing campaign. In essence, the GamePlan is a more flexible version of a traditional strategic plan with a focus on shifting resources to more measurable and effective inbound marketing strategies.
The GamePlan is designed to adapt and evolve to changing market factors and business needs. The general philosophy is, “less time planning, more time doing.” Our goal is to set clear benchmarks and objectives, arrive at a consensus for the 12-month approach, and approve budgets and allocations for first quarter activities.
The GamePlan Deliverables
- 12-month strategy outlook in search, social, content and PR.
- First quarter activity chart with a detailed plan that includes: tactics, task lists and timelines, as well as word-block and service-hour allocations. Approved activities are then loaded and managed in your custom online Client Center.
- Buyer persona profiles.
- Quarterly blog editorial calendar with abstracts for the four posts per month included in the editions.
- Media and blogger database, print publication editorial opportunity calendar and social media dashboard (Pro & Enterprise editions only).
- Speaking opportunity database (Enterprise edition only).
How are service hours and word blocks allocated?
Service hours and premium content word blocks are allocated monthly based on campaign performance and your organization’s evolving needs and goals. For example, a Pro edition client with 20 hours and 1,000 words of premium content may breakdown like this for a particular month:
- Premium Content — 1,000 words
- Craft case study #1. (750 words)
- Write one page of website copy for new services. (250 words)
- Search — 5 hours
- Optimize five priority pages.
- Build two landing pages for upcoming event registration and eBook download.
- Social — 5 hours
- Create Facebook and Twitter pages
- Identify industry influentials.
- Join target Linked Groups
- PR — 10 hours
- Distribute new service press release.
- Submit customized pitches to trade magazines and business journals.
- Perform blogger outreach with priority contacts.
- Lead Nurturing — 5 (add-on 5-hour block or hold until month 2)
- Conduct HubSpot lead nurturing training session with sales team.
How are service hours and word blocks tracked and reported?
We track all services by the minute in our time management system. Service hours and word counts are presented on the monthly activity reports, and reconciled quarterly for strategy review sessions. All activity reports and account dashboards are maintained in your online Client Center.
Can we exchange blog posts for premium content?
If your organization is already publishing a minimum of one blog post per week, posts can be exchanged for premium content. One post = 250 words of premium content.
What if we don’t need the content and blogging services?
If your organization excels at content creation, then we will customize your service package to fully integrate search, social and PR into your existing content marketing strategy and capabilities.
What happens if we exceed our monthly hours, blog posts or word blocks?
We allocate, track and report service hours, blog posts and premium content word counts monthly, and reconcile them quarterly. Slight fluctuations are expected. Significant variations in any item will be budgeted and approved by the client prior to activation.
For example, if a new product is launching, additional service hour blocks and premium content beyond the standard allotment may be needed.
Is a HubSpot license required?
Not in all cases, but it is highly recommended. A number of PR 20/20 services, including: link building, on-page optimization (SEO), lead nurturing, landing pages and advanced website analytics are only available with a HubSpot license.
How is our account team built?
We hire and train hybrid professionals with a unique blend of capabilities and experience in web, brand, search, social, content and PR.
Every team includes an account manager and supervisor, as well as whatever level of support staff is required to meet your needs and goals. Account managers are the day-to-day contacts, but much of our strategy and consulting is prepared and presented as a team.
What activities are included in campaign management?
Campaign management is built into every service package and includes: client meetings and communications related to campaign activities, daily monitoring of keywords and website analytics, weekly activity summaries, monthly campaign Scorecards and quarterly reviews.
What is the online Client Center?
PR 20/20 Client Centers are online group hubs designed to foster communication and collaboration between ourselves and our clients. Client Centers let businesses track campaign milestones, monitor agency tasks and progress, share files, view media communications, and submit and read messages.