We originally published a blog in 2015 listing 40+ inbound marketing resources. We’ve added even more to the list, so read below for an update with even more resources for marketers.
As marketers, we spend hours researching the top trends and tactics to prove top-notch ROI and success. But what happens when you hit writer’s block, need to find the latest tech or are searching for best practices for campaign recommendations? You know the drill: You turn to the top content marketing influencers, blogs, publications and resources for a reinforcement.
So, what marketing resources do you turn to on a daily basis? That’s the exact question I asked my PR 20/20 peers.
Check out the round up below to learn what the PR 20/20 relies on as the industry’s best marketing resources.
Disclaimer: This list is not comprehensive; we reference tons of marketing resources on a daily basis! If we missed you, let us know.
PR 20/20’s Guide for Top Marketing Resources
For the latest industry trends, we turn to:
- Orbit Media Studio: From content marketing, to analytics, to design and everything in between, Orbit Media, co-founded by influencer Andy Crestodina (@crestodina), is your one-stop-shop for all-things marketing.
- Content Marketing Institute blog (@CMIContent): Insight from top names in our industry. Founded by Joe Pulizzi (@JoePulizzi), CMI is a powerhouse for content marketing advice.
- Marketing Artificial Intelligence Institute (@MktgAi): If you haven’t heard of the implications of artificial intelligence (AI) in marketing, it’s time you read up to stay in the know. For all things AI in marketing, check out our CEO Paul Roetzer’s (@PaulRoetzer) latest endeavor, MAII, to learn current and future potential in the industry.
- Content Strategist (@Contently): A publishing solution with an insightful magazine on “brands, storytelling and the future of content.”
- Copyblogger (@copyblogger): Offers step-by-step, actionable content. Sign up for free ebooks, webinars and other resources (i.e. even a free marketing course).
- Heidi Cohen (@heidicohen): Expect content tips direct from the influencer—not to mention journalist and professor. We really like Heidi’s “free actionable marketing tips” (via email subscription).
- MarketingProfs (@MarketingProfs): Covers all things marketing via articles, podcasts, online seminars, guides and tutorials. Ann Handley, author of Everybody Writes, heads up content at ‘Profs.
- The Convince & Convert blog (@convince): Headed up by company president, Jay Baer (@jaybaer), CMI ranked the Convince & Convert blog the “#1 Content Marketing Blog in the world.”
- The Sales Lion (@TheSalesLion): Led by the sales lion himself, Marcus Sheridan. Like the man, the blog is energetic and helpful.
We tune into these podcasts:
- Conversion Cast (@ConversionCast): Led by Tim Paige (@TimThePaige), senior conversion editor at Leadpages (@Leadpages), Conversion Cast interviews one company per episode about a specific tactic they used to improve website conversions.
- Marketing School: In the words of our own Taylor Radey (@TaylorRadey) Marketing School, “is my new go-to for quick, actionable tips and tools to check out. They cover a variety of topics, but have a strong focus on SEO and content marketing.”
To learn about search and analytics, we follow:
- Search Engine Journal (@sejournal): New to SEO and search? No problem, we all start somewhere! Search Engine Journal publishes articles for every level of search expert.
- Neil Patel (@neilpatel) Need to find information on search, conversions or the latest SEO tool rollout? Then be sure to follow marketing influencer Neil Patel’s blog. Check out one of Patel’s posts like, “How to Create an SEO Friendly Homepage.”
- KISSMetrics (@KISSmetrics): Up-to-date on Google Analytics news and hacks. Run by the makers of the KISSmetrics platform, the blog also offers advice to up your analytics game.
- Occam’s Razor (@avinash): Insights from digital marketing evangelist, Avinash Kaushik. Avinash often writes in-depth pieces backed by research, and chock-full of strategic tips.
- Search Engine Journal (@SEJournal): Covers SEO and search engines, plus content marketing, social media, paid search and entrepreneurial advice.
- Search Engine Land (@sengineland): Keeps readers in the loop on the latest search news, trends and best practices. Search Engine Land is a sister publication to the popular, Marketing Land (included below in the Marketing category).
- The Moz Blog (@Moz): Geek out over SEO insights from Moz’s founder Rand Fishkin (@randfish), among other marketing experts.
We trust these social resources:
- Buffer Social (@buffer): Digs into all things social, but also discusses blogging and productivity. Buffer authors do their research, writing in-depth posts with ample resources to back up their intelligence.
- IBM Social Business Insights Blog (@IBMSocialBiz): Social savvy, with a side of tech. IBM experts discuss what it takes to develop a social business.
- LinkedIn Official Blog (@LinkedIn): Tips to rock your LinkedIn presence, plus solid insight into personal branding and career advice.
- Social Media Examiner (@SMExaminer): Tactical insights to perfect social media performance.
- Social Strata Blog (@SocialStrata): A social blog with personality. The Social Strata blog is brought to you by the creators of la, a platform that enables community engagement.
Need a mid-day break? Check these out:
- Pinterest (@Pinterest): Hey, it’s not all recipes and wedding ideas. As Kristen Tomins (@KristenMTomins) puts it, “You can actually find some cool infographics or pictures that lead to relevant articles, or you can just click through cool DIY projects, recipes, etc. to take your mind off work for a few minutes.”
- Science of Us (@thescienceofus): Run by New York Magazine, the Science of Us presents information on our daily habits, productivity and more in a playful tone that even us non-science geeks can understand.
- The Onion (@TheOnion): Perfecting the art of satire.
- BuzzFeed (@BuzzFeed): We all need a laugh at some point between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., right?
For top business insights, check out:
- Business Insider (@businessinsider): Whether you’re searching for articles on finance, media or tech, Business Insider has an arsenal of resources for you.
- EOS (@EOSWorldwide): EOS, aka the Entrepreneurial Operating System, shares top advice for entrepreneurs, businesses and leadership teams.
- August (@augustpublic): Need your roundup on business and work tips update in a quick, weekly format? Then August, a weekly subscriber-based email newsletter, is for you. August focuses on the power of teamwork and adaptable learning.
- Harvard Business Review (@HavardBiz): Be sure to subscribe to HBR’s daily management tip for business insights and advice straight to your inbox.
- Fast Company (@FastCompany): Intelligent pieces for both personal and professional endeavors.
- Wired (@WIRED): Smart content. Wired authors discuss just about anything, from science to design to entertainment to security.
Resources for tech we always read:
- Venture Beat (@venturebeat): Comprehensive resource for the latest on new tech, emerging gadgets and the hottest apps.
- Gigaom (@Gigaom): Gigaom dubs itself as “The Industry Leader in Emerging Technology Research.” And, their name lives up to the promise with articles focused on tech and the impact on businesses.
- Chief Marketing Technologist (@chiefmartec): The perfect mash-up of tech and marketing (i.e. a match made in heaven). Edited and written by founder Scott Brinker.
- Mashable (@mashable): Reliable source for tech and gadget news. A plus: Mashable has a great sense of humor.
- Readwrite (@RWW): Insightful views on the latest tech trends. Readwrite zooms in on wearables, startups, cloud-based tech and more.
- TechCrunch (@TechCrunch): Self-proclaimed, “The number one guide for all things tech.” We don’t disagree.
Even more on marketing:
- Awaken Your Superhero (@cspenn): “Helping you find your inner superhero with marketing, media and martial arts.” The blog is authored by the VP of marketing technology at Shift Communications (@SHIFTComm), Christopher Penn.
- GrowthHackers (@GrowthHackers): A community forum for marketers to engage. GH does have a blog too, but we like to see what industry pros are buzzing about.
- HubSpot (@HubSpot): Topics segmented by marketing, sales and agency. The creator of an inbound marketing and sales platform, HubSpot’s blog is entertaining and very tactical. Expect easy-to-understand how-tos, step-by-step instructions and more.
- Seth Godin (@ThisIsSethsBlog): Words from the bestselling author, and marketing legend.
- Six Pixels of Separation (@mitchjoel): Thoughts from industry influencer, Mitch Joel. Check out the blog for real-time, digital topics. Plus, we like Joel’s frequent podcasts, and weekly list of “Links Worthy of Your Attention.”
- Marketing Land (@MarketingLand): On top of the latest trends and news in the marketing landscape. Marketing Land curates leading voices across the digital marketing scene.
- Medium (@Medium): Anyone can publish on Medium. But, Medium algorithms and editors have heavy influence on a post’s rank. Search marketing for relevant content.
- Percolate blog (@percolate): Big topics, smart answers. Percolate offers a web and mobile software solution that aims to generate sales and advance productivity. Hence the expertise to cover a wide range of topics, from public speaking to global brand publishing.
- Salesforce blog (@salesforce): Expect insight on sales, customer service, marketing, cloud, IT and small business from industry experts.
- Spin Sucks (@SpinSucks): Digs into PR topics, along with all things marketing (customer experience, reputation management, etc.).
- Think with Google (@ThinkwithGoogle): Tapped into cutting edge digital tech, plus all things marketing. From the search titan itself, Think with Google covers a wide variety of industries and platforms.
- Top Rank Online Marketing Blog (@toprank): Actionable tips across marketing categories. Expect direct insights from Lee Odden (@LeeOdden) CEO of Top Rank.
Did we miss your favorite resource in the list above? Comment below and share what marketing resources you turn to for the latest and greatest in trends and research.
Image credit: Pexels